There are a few ways to ensure your Mom has a great Mother’s Day this year. The key is make her feel special. And it’s not elusive and it may seem.
If you’re able to get out and about, consider taking her downtown depending on her favorites things to eat, style, and where you may want to venture next.
Dame RESTAURANT recommendations:
1. Centro : authentic, modern mexican meal + fantastic decorations and character.
2. Raleigh Times or Busy Bee : delicious American fare + sunny rooftop seating.
3. Bu.ku : edible ethnic foods + lavish appeal (without breaking the bank).
Then, you may want to go to the park or walk around, or maybe even shop.
Dame SHOPPING recommendations:
1. City Market : Epona & Oak boutique has local jewelery, clothes, lotions, and more. Patina and the other shops across the street have a lot of great artwork and other crafty accessories (custom leather bags!).
2. Shops near the corner of Wilmington Street and Hargett Street : a jewelry shop, a flip-flop shop and a handmade bags store by Holly Aiken.
3. Hargett Street : Further down Hargett Street, starting at Stitch and walking away from downtown towards Fayetteville Street, you’ll come across a new high-end consignment shop, a fabulously curated gift shop (Deco Raleigh), and a vintage thrift store (Father & Son).
Or, you may want to take in the art.
Dame ART recommendations:
Check out my list of amazing art galleries in the Warehouse District (commentary included).
P.S. Just about anything you’d want to do on First Friday, is a good idea for Mother’s Day. Have fun! Happy Mother’s Day!